Sunday, February 15, 2009

Course Update and Midterm Exam

Hello Everyone,

I realized, with horror, how long it has been since I have last posted. I have been focusing on getting through the test period for my large Introductory Biology class (we have a test and then the students have an option to take a "retest" on the same materials the following), I have definitely learned that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" and "out of sight, out of mind" have been running my life lately. Hopefully, I am nearly caught up with posts for this week's material. I am sorry for not posting for so long.

From the beginning, I have been a bit skeptical about being able to create an effective learning environment without seeing people face to face. I realize that I probably should have required a great deal more student involvement on a regular basis (e.g., requiring students to post weekly on the blog), but I hate requiring busy work. Hopefully, you have been able to read the material and are learning some things that will be useful in your classes. I encourage you all to give me feedback about how the course is going and suggestions about what I can do to make this course as useful possible.

Midterm Exam

When I looked at the syllabus it told me that your first midterm is due on February 21st. Because my intent was to allow you plenty of time to for you to work on the midterm exam, I would like to delay the due date for the First Midterm Monday February 23rd which will at least give you the weekent to work on the exam. I will post the exact form of the midterm exam sometime tomorrow (Monday) so that you will have a full week to work on the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment