Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Update



Hello Everyone,

I have returned from Malaysia and Big Bend so I guess that it is time to get back to work. Visiting Malaysia was an incredible experience. I spent about a week at Krau Wildlife Reserve working with researchers studying bat ecology. I have never seen a true rainforest before and I have to admit that after a week I still couldn't see the trees for the forest. We would to out every night and morning to check the trap for bats. The bats were really cool (some of them had bodies that was smaller than my thumb). I spent a day in Kuala Lumpur meeting with folks at the University of Malaya which was interesting. Canoeing down the Rio Grande through Big Bend was an ideal way to spend my spring break. Taking a group of interested students out in the field is obviously the best way to learn so I was a little embarassed this morning when I needed to meet with them in a room using Powerpoint.

Obviously, I am extremely far behind. I will try to take a serious look at all of your midterms by the end of the weekend and get back to you with feedback. After I take a look at the midterms I will have a better idea exactly what I would like you to do as a final project. I will have more info for you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment